[RC] Endurance farrier in Atlanta metro or Nw ga.? - Laurie Durgin

I am not far from Lake Alatoona SE side. I am beginning to think I need to get more assertiv about a farrier situation. He has been our farrier for 5 years, been on time only stood me up 2x, once due to rain . He has put fronts on a trimmed for 35.$ Although he charges people with $ more. He is fast and is considered a good fairrier. But--He is Dr. Jekel Mr Hyde and my vet even says he is too rough . He has smacked my horses 3 times for no reason I could see. he used to shove C. fet down repaeateively on the metal stand ,cause he wouldn't put wieght on it.(after he left , the new owner said his shoes were 2 izes two small (he had gone 10 weeks because that was right after a no show couldn't get him.....) He had ouchy feet for a while, but wasn't being ridden...
We tried to shoe R. last year on rear, never been. He did freak a bit , to my surprise. Then all was pulled till this year, except fronts. Twice now , my farrier has in my opinion yanked his leg up too high, R. reacted by jerking away, farrier grabbed his leg and danced around threating him. R. was really sacred, I hung on , but was confused and a bit frightened. This happend twice and R. did n't want to give his feet this last time. I worked with R. , evne hadt he vet check him , while pulling coggins, he flexed his leg and stuff and said he was ok (same leg he'd circumducted last year during the epm treatment--I thought maybe he had a problem, but my gut feeling was he felt off balance and was sensitive to that and was afraid.) Vet said he was fine---"Farrier is too rough"
My mare isn't ridden , except in ring and the only reason I shoe her on front ,is cause Farrier won't come for one horse.
Other farriers in area I know of maybe not so moody, but they don't shoe as well and cost more.I asked my daughter ,trainer /riding instrutor--she said all the farriers she knows are "losers".

If I found a good farrier I could trailer R. to him and let H. go barefoot till she is in serious work. Then maybe take her and Scout for Ocassional trims and learn to rasp and use Boots as needed.

I am really frustrated , it's been a week 2 calls , he may be on vaction I know, but maybe he is mad about R. yanking his foot away..... Honey lost a shoe, I took the loose one off and her sidewalls have ragged chunks out of them and she is lame.....R. are too long to go out on the trail , so I am just fdoing some tuneup work, and if my farrier is really busy , p.o.'ed, or on vactaion , I probabbly won't hear from him for days or a week or more ......
Sometimes he is very careful and kind to them, other times he is quick, rough and really moody...something going on.
But it is hard to demand too much ,when they think they are doing you a favor.....
His work with the Arabs has seemed to be good, the other two older horses sometimes walked off ouchy...... My vet says rodeo people and walking horse farriers don't balance right.....Course my farrier thinks my vet 'is for the common people" (my vet is fairly young I started using him when he first started practice, I do know he was asked to teach at his vet school by the 'bone Professier', whatever they are called)
Anyway, if you know someone in the area or within a 100 miles that is good...
What about that "Casey Horsehoeing School" I am only about 40 minutes from Rome --