[RC] dissappointed at ride-reply - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: carrie m hadley cmhadley@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry but I truly do not understand your comment about plenty of water
available??  I am not trying to be argumentive, just curious.  I did not know
about the river available until the way back when I heard people in the trees
and could not see them.  When I saw them coming out of the trees and their
horses were wet, I asked if there was water available in the trees and they
said, yes, there is a river here.  Then they took off to do their own ride.  I
was able to get my horse in the river, but he would not drink due to being
worried about the other horses leaving.  The puddle at the vet check, 12 ½
miles would have worked if I had been able to get the horse to drink from it.
Unfortunately, he is also new at this and because I could not pour it into him,
he would not drink from it.  He drank from the gentleman?s bucket just fine.
I understand that the ride manager was new.  She was very nice.  However, when
I asked her for a map, she told me that I did not need one, the trails were
marked just fine.  I agree that the trails were marked well, however, being
that I had never been on these trails before, I had no idea how far I was from
anywhere.  I did use the muddy boggy water to sponge my horse but also used my
water bottles to water down his neck.
After repeatedly trying to introduce myself and let people know I was new in
the area, with a new horse, etc? I was just frustrated that I felt so
uninformed.  I did have a crew bag available to go to  the vet check if anyone
had let me know that was needed, I also had four water bottles with me for
drinking, also a sandwich and nuts for myself.  It is very hard to go to a new
area that you have never been, by yourself, and not have information available
in order to take the care needed.
As I stated, the trails were beautiful, very well marked, my horse did great!
And I was very happy with the time I spent with him.  I was not able to get the
name of the gentleman who helped me so much but would very much like to thank
him for  his help and support.
As far as telling you I was fine at the final vet check, of course I was not
going to tell you just how bad I really felt.  I felt really stupid and
embarrassed and was not about to tell anyone that I was ready to pass out.
I would love to come and try another ride.  I am just not sure when that would
be.  Maybe next year?
Thanks, Carrie