[RC] Losing Rides - GarnerT

I guess I didn't see the original post either!  I've never been able to do
Norco (I teach school & it's just too soon at the start to take a Friday
off), but I've heard great things about it from my friends.

No matter how much planning goes into an event, there are always things that
happen at the last minute, and there are things that are beyond the RM's
control!  Weather, trail marking vandalism, etc.  Plus you cannot please all
the people all the time!  Some people just like to gripe & cause problems!
I've only been to one ride that I really didn't like.  I thought there
wasn't enough water on the ride, I didn't like the vets, etc.  However, I
have never bad mouthed the ride on Ride Camp, nor have I whined to the point
that the ride doesn't go on!  I have chosen not to attend that ride anymore!
Since the ride continues on successfully (without my attendance), I can only
assume that the majority of the riders did not share my OPINION!

If Norco & the other rides that Lynn has put on are not happening because of
complaints, that makes me feel really bad.  I've never put on a ride (I'm
still inexperienced), but I've helped mark trail.  My husband helped at Lost
Padres driving crew bags to vet checks, etc.  He hadn't planned on doing so
much, but they ended up needing the help.   We all need to pitch in & help
without whining!

Kathy Garner

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond