[RC] Ride Manager Feedback Form - Long - GarnerT

Jennifer made a really good point.  People who are satisfied with the ride
sometimes don't fill in the feedback form.  I'm guilty of that!  However, I
am usually not given a feed back form!  If I was pissy about the ride, I'd
probably go to great lengths to get one, but if I'm happy I wouldn't.  Go
figure.  From now on, I'm filling that form in with glowing & positive
comments to make up for those few people who constantly find fault!

Most of the problems I've encountered on rides occur from the riders
themselves.  They don't follow directions or rules.  They sponge when
they've been asked not to, they don't close gates they've been asked to
close, they are rude & often inconsiderate of those behind them.  Then
things get blamed on the Ride Manager when it's really OUR fault!  99% of
the riders try to do as asked, I really think it is a small majority of
people who are just too special to follow the rules that cause a lot of our
problems!

Lynn, for what it's worth, I do understand how upsetting the bad feedback
forms can be.  I teach school.  At the end of last year, we sent home parent
feedback forms.  I read each one as it was returned from my students.  Every
parent that had a gripe with me turned one in, but most of the contented
parents didn't.  I was ripped for not letting them know their child's grades
(although I send home progress reports weekly), I was called racist (when I
had just moved voluntarily to a low-income school after spending 8 years in
a white bread world), etc.  I was so angry!  When you've worked you butt off
to make something a success, sometimes the complaints weigh so heavily on
you, you don't see the big picture!

God bless you Lynn & all other ride managers!

A Happy Camper,

Kathy Garner

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle