[RC] Lynne & complaints - Peggy B-Smith

Gee, I must have been in a parallel universe at Lynne's ride! I saw a person handling, very well I might say, all the many problems associated with putting on a ride. I didn't see any of the behavior described by the anonymous poster - but then, I'm not looking for any bad stuff, I'm just enjoying being at a ride.
It was really, really hot. Not a lot any ride manager could do about that. It was my first 50 and I didn't finish - one of those things, like putting too much cold water on a hot horse! I also took a wrong turn and ended up in someone's orange grove on the way in! Oh well, I learned the hard way, but I had a great time, met a lot of nice people I was camped near and was in awe of Lynne's handing of all the situations that came up and loved her commentary at the Saturday night dinner - which was great, by the way!
I show up for a ride, am happy for the extra's - like bagels and coffee in the morning - and the wonderful big band wake up - follow the ribbons, ride my ride, take care of my horse (better now!) and am very, very thankful for anyone that will tackle this seemingly thankless job of putting on an endurance ride.
If I didn't express it before, thank you, Lynne for the ride. I'm really sorry you won't be putting on these rides again, but I sure understand. I have volunteered on three of our Bear Valley rides and while most of the people are great, there's always the few that aren't happy with anything.
Hope to see you in Bear Valley next year for our ride.

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA