[RC] Ca Breeders - rides2far

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:53:46 -0600 (MDT) <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Reference was made to Huckleberry Bey's trot. I saw him come into
the> > arena  at Santa Barbara at high speed. Haha... he looked like a
sewing> > machine.

Did he trot that way in the field...with no shoes?

I had a gelding for a little while that was a grandson of Huckelberry Bey
on top side and I believe Aladdin grandson on bottom. He was big (15.1 or
15.2?) but he fit himself all over. Big boned, well proportioned and the
best mind around. I let my daughters ride him and he was 5. I later got
to ride a horse for Connie Caudhill in competition whose name was
"Huckleberry Moon" (so I'm guessing he was a relative), again he was a
big horse, not just tall, but the kind of horse a heavyweight looks for.
He was a great ride with a good mind. Connie sold him and now he's in the
point standings in the SE with his owner. Those are the only two
Huckleberry Bey horses I've met but they were a lot alike and they had a
LOT to offer...especially when you've got people who aren't 5' tall who
want to ride an Arab.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani