[RC] question - rides2far

I am always amazed to see people "warm their horse up" on a lunge line.
Of course, nobody walks them, they just start trotting.  Bringing a horse
right out of a stall and lunging it is just asking for a tie up. Amazing
it doesn't happen more often, but it's easy enough to see why they do
it...their mentors do. I'm so obsessive on the 15 minute walk first that
when I've had a fit horse who had to be locked up for awhile I have hand
walked them 15 minutes before letting them hit the field where I knew
they'd have a running fit.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
There must be a full understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~  Bob Morris