Re: [RC] [RC] Fw: Hopkins Creek ride story part one - Kristen - Deanna German

Kristen, yes this ride is generally run incredibly fast. This ride is
conducted over packed sand trails that are *mostly* wide enough to drive a
truck and trailer down. (And how exactly is it that I know this...? >ggg<)
The footing invites speed and it's mostly flat as well. There are a few,
very small hills. Even when dry, the footing is fantastic, only a few areas
where the deep sand makes it a real good idea to take it slow. I'd imagine
that wet conditions only make the footing better. Lots of natural water
available, lots of crewing opportunities. I can't wait 'til next year when I
hope to be able to make it to the ride.

Deanna

This is incredible! Is this really possible? Has anyone ever heard of an
average time like that?? I am not disputing it, just find it amazing.
?
Kristen

The front runners were going incredibly fast. In fact, the winning time was
slightly under 4 hours and the winner did the last ten miles in an average of
19.5 miles an hour. Incredible. Jenny finished 4th in 4 hours and 33 minutes,
Malik's fastest time yet. He looked great at the end and his BC score was 744.
However, it was 10 or 12 points shy of the winner's BC score.

think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair