Re: [RC] [RC] Fw: Hopkins Creek ride story part one - Kristen - heidi

 Even when dry, the footing is fantastic, only a
few areas where the deep sand makes it a real good idea to take it slow.
I'd imagine that wet conditions only make the footing better.

Wet on sand can sure make for super footing.  That was what happened at
the one Oregon ride I vetted that had a sub-3 50-miler.  It had rained the
night before, and it was nice and cool, to boot.  And there wasn't too
much up-and-down to it.  Darla Westlake won it, and she came in with her
eyes as big as saucers, talking about how she had NEVER ridden like that
in her life!  And coming from Darla, that's quite a statement!

Heidi

There are few places where the horse does not fit in; at least in my world,
as delusional as that one may be.
~  Howard Bramhall