[RC] AERC ride feedback forms - Deanna German

I got my notification recently about this from Mike Maul and my first
reaction was "uh-oh". I haven't gotten a chance to look at the form yet, so
I can't comment on specifics.

I don't like that it's anonymous. If a rider feels compelled to lodge a
complaint, I think they should also be required to sign it. If for no other
reason than people tend to be more kind when their name goes on something.

Why did AERC feel that we needed something like this? If I have something to
say to an RM or to a group that puts on a ride, I'm a direct enough person
that I'll say it, positive or negative, I don't need to hide behind a
comment form! BUT, I also don't think it's good enough to simply point out
faults -- I think it's important to be part of the solution. And I think
it's important to be supportive of distance riding sports and to not
undermine ride management. They need to be given the benefit of the doubt,
not criticized!

RM'ing is a labor of love, that's the bottom line. RM's put themselves out
there as a prime target for critique. Let's give 'em a break and focus on
the positive and the fact that we even have rides to attend!! If anyone
thinks they can do better, rather than complain, they should RM their own
ride!

Deanna in Ohio

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani