Re: [RC] LETTER TO AHA ON-LINE AND READY TO SIGN - Bette Lamore

Hey Heidi
Lighten up! The IAHA and AHA have merged and have people from both organizations-- there is no division anymore. I am one of the people who had given up (on IAHA if you still choose to maintain a formal division) and I've received e-mail from others who have. You can nit-pick if you want--- you didn't give up on them-- they gave up on you--- whatever--- I am not about to become sucked into a pissing match. Must you comment on every e-mail I send? (This is a rhetorical question--- you need not respond!) ;-)
I have the letter on-line, those who want to sign it can-- and if you, Heidi, don't it is fine with me. You need not take every comment I make and direct it to you or point it at everyone else on ridecamp. Who made you hall monitor? ;-)
No pressure for ANYONE to sign. I'm going to proceed as though the Registry is open for feedback. IF I am wrong, then I have tried my best... and if I am right, some of us could make gains. I've always found that it does not help me to go in with a pessimistic attitude or blame for the state of things. I am starting fresh with good intentions, hoping for a positive response.
Never asked for your help because I never expected it from the way you have always responded to me in the past.
Oh, I am perfectly aware of what Jim's job duties are. I guess you missed my previous post that I am sending this to him because I know he is a man of action and he will re-route it to the best action-oriented person. He has never dropped the ball in the past and I am relying on a friendship here--- always works for me to have an inside connection help and not just direct it to a dept.
Now John Teeter has asked that we not discuss this matter on ridecamp and I will respect that and ask that if anyone has comments or suggestions or anything re: this matter, that they e-mail me privately. I won't respond publicly about this again except to remind people just before I wrap things up and send this to Jim.
This is just a group of us' attempt to address an issue that has been bugging many of us. We'd like as many people to join in as possible and if others have other suggestions as to how to make positive change, I am open to those and will participate to the best of my ability.
Bette

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I know many of you have given up on the Registry in the past

Well, actually, no--I don't know of very many people who have "given up"
on the Registry. In my experience, the service from the Registry has done
nothing but improve over the past 30+ years. It is IAHA that we have
"given up" on. (And I know a LARGE number of people who have done that.) Many people seem to confuse the two different functions--registration
ensures parentage verification, makes sure that the horse in question is
who he is represented to be, takes care of transfers of ownership, etc.,
and the former AHR did a very good job of this. The promotional arm, the
former IAHA, is the one that sanctions shows, hires judges, enforces show
rules (if one can call it that) and is responsible for most of the current
public image of the Arabian horse. Granted, the Registry did put out a
certain amount of breed informational material--but they are NOT the ones
who have made a mockery of our breed. One needs to have the two different
organizations and two different functions straight when looking at this
situation.

And despite the merger, in which both functions are now under the AHA
name, Mr. Benedict (a great guy) is still the director of Special
Services, which is a function of the Registry portion of AHA--NOT on the
"show side" of the organization.  Special Services deals with such issues
as how to get papers when there are legal issues involved, how to sort out
and seek out necessary paperwork for horses that have transferred through
several owners without the paperwork keeping up with them, etc.  I have
the utmost respect for Mr. Benedict and others in the Registry side--they
do a great job, but they have had to reap what IAHA has sowed, right along
with the rest of us.

So please, if you are going to state that some of us have "given up" on
something, at least get it straight what it is that we have given up on.

Heidi

-- Bette Lamore Whispering Oaks Arabians Home of Bunny and 16.2h TLA Halynov who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance! http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want. ~ Homer Safferwiffle