[RC] LETTER TO AHA ON-LINE AND READY TO SIGN - Bette Lamore

After several suggestions and revisions, the letter is now ready to go out. I have already added the names and numbers of the 6 others who sent me theirs. If you wish to read the letter and add your signature to it, please go to:
http://www.petitiononline.com/LettrAHA/petition.html
I was as positive as possible-- our aim is to improve the situation, not berate the efforts thus far. I emphasized the need to include trail and distance riding more in promotional activities, as well as eliminate the politics caused by the policy of having trainers who are still showing act as judges, a clear conflict of interest.
I don't know how much effect this will have on AHA. The more signatures, the more effect obviously. To make a stronger impact, this petition is geared towards Arabian and part Arabian owners who have registered as owners. If you are eligible to register, but haven't yet, you can always go to the AHA site and do so prior to signing. Their web site address is:
http://www.arabianhorses.org/
I know many of you have given up on the Registry in the past but hey, it only takes a minute or so to go to the site and sign the letter and it can only help--- not hurt. This may be a real opportunity as the timing could be right. It's worth a try :-)
Please feel free to e-mail me privately about the letter. It will be posted until July 1 at which time the letter with signatures will be sent to my contact at AHA who has always been very helpful in the past. He can channel it to the best person at that time.
Thanks
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue. Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether. The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it. ~ Heidi Smith