[RC] Drinking out of a Water tank - Karen

One place that I definitely don't let my horses drink from puddles from is the local fairgrounds. They regularly spray Roundup and other chemicals on the grounds including the parking areas and I don't trust that the water is going to be safe and clean. I have been on rides where farmers have told us not to let our horses drink because the fields were just recently sprayed and the runoff is toxic to livestock. (nice to know we're eating food produced in those fields, eh?) So, unless I know that the puddle is safe (away from where a human could have done something to it) I am very careful about where they drink. I won't even let them drink from puddles up and down my street because I know that Roundup is sprayed frequently to get the puncture vines and other weeds.

I've also learned to be very careful about where I let my horses graze at during rides. I know of one horse that went to a clinic and it turned out to have fiddleneck poisoning. The horse ate it while grazing on grass at the ride.

Karen
in NV

And remember, an arab's fourth gait is the spook! ~ Jeanie Miller