RE: [RC] Training for Tevis - Jim Holland

-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cowgirgoof@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 10:41 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Training for Tevis

My husband and I are taking George up to Jim Holland's place in Blue Ridge,
GA this week to get in some real mountain conditioning. Since George is
really fit, we just plan to do some LSD and work on our mountain descents.
Jim says he'll take me to some places that will scare me, (and I told him
that was fine, as we don't have much to scare us in Florida unless you can
call alligators in our drinking lakes scary!).

Hmmmm...I don't think it would be wise to show you those places this close
to Tevis.  Don't need for George to pull something. :) We gonna do some
climbs and downhills...but safely.  Come back later after Tevis and we'll do
the "scary" stuff.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani