Re: [RC] muscat breeding - Bette Lamore

Although *Muscat was imported by Howie Kale for halter, he was raced
overseas and is part of a fabulous Russian breeding program (remember,
the Russians took the best of Crabbet, Polish, Egyptian and French
lines)! There was far more $$$ in halter during that time (yes, in tax
write-offs...rigged auctions... and all that..) so an incredibly
athletic horse was used for beauty only. He is actually a cousin of my
late Halynov so I am very familiar with his bloodlines. You can go to
Hal's page and see if there are relatives there of your horse. Arlene
Magrid did very extensive records on show records and there is a race
pedigree there as well-- showing race records. Go to
www.arabiansporthorse.com/halynov.html and also check out my Russian
History page at www.arabiansporthorse.com/russian_arabian_horse_history.html
*Muscat's bloodlines much and the offspring were athletic---
unfortunately, they were also Beautiful -- hence the halter people
grabbed them up so they did not prove themselves much in the States-- so
far as performance. I was fortunate to have seen *Muscat the last time
he was brought out publicly (that I know of) in Scottsdale and yes,
there were free drinks, a FULL orchestra, and a movie about him in a
large theater built for him and Kale's other horses. I'll l tell you, it
was not the music or champagne--- it was his BEAUTY that was
overwhelming and both Mark and I had tears in our eyes when he came on
stage. He personified the word "presence" despite his age.
Fadjur was also beautiful and very athletic (and noted for producing
beautiful little tipped eyes-- you could almost always tell a fadjur
offspring). Frank Rothschild of Red Shield Equestrian LOVES the Fadjur
lineage-- as did his partner -- and they are both endurance riders. The
last time Frank e-mailed me, his favorite trail horse (after Halyva Guys
unfortunate accident at his first endurance ride) is WOA Russian Silk, a
Halynov (Muscat lines) son with Fadjur on the bottom. You can e-mail
Frank about the Russian-Fadjur cross and I'm sure he will respond--
loves his horses! equus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx You have a GREAT combination!!
Beauty! Brains! AND Athletic Ability!!!
Bette

Elkenchild@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am interested in an arab gelding for endurance who has a lot of muscat and some fadjur in him. Both of these sound like familiar arab breeding, but I don't know much about either of these lines? Does anyone have input? I'm would preffer lines that are less showy, more athletic, and calm!!!! Thank!
Laura
"Not all who wander are lost." (jrr tolkien)

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

And remember, an arab's fourth gait is the spook! ~ Jeanie Miller