[RC] Attracted to Arabs by Endurance - Nancy Sturm

Heidi's got it right - again!

After 40 years with other breeds first TB's and TB/QH crosses and more
recently Welsh ponies and cobs (because I thought I was too old to ride), I
purchased my first purebred Arab exactly because the folks where I was
boarding a cob  were having so much fun riding endurance - and they almost
never have to go around in all those circles I spent so many years trying to
keep perfectly round.

It's been a really long time since I've had so much fun on horseback and
years since I've had the excuse  to log so many miles.  My only regret is
that I didn't start sooner.

When my husband told someone in the feedstore, however, that I was
interested in endurance, she said "Oh, yeah, endurance horses - all go and
no whoa", her perception of a sport she hasn't been a part of.

Nancy Sturm
Applegate, OR

I drink a 50/50 mix of rootbeer and soymilk at the vetchecks.
~  Libby Llop