Re: [RC] public opinion - Bar JM Ranch

As a formerly non-Arab person, I must say that in the
general public Arabs can have a "bad" repitation. Not
because we, the uniformed, do not know that they are
intelligent and tough, but because the few examples we
see in general company (outside shows and endurance)
are ill-mannered, untrained and spoiled. One year, I
attended an annual inter-breed stallion presentation
in Arkansas with my mother's green-broke Saddlebred
stallion (Arab-type stereotype and temperment). I had
advised against it because of his green-ness but he
surprised us by being uncharactaristically
gentlemanly, although on edge. The Arab stallions on
display were all unbroke although 5 or older, and
tried to mount everything in sight. They were
BEAUTIFUL, but didn't impress the practical, backyard
breeder in attendance. After several years now of
exposure to Arabs and Shagyas (my boy is a Shagya), I
know that THAT was not a representative example of the
breed, but what were the rest of the attendants left
to think?

=====

Melanie in Greece

http://www.geocities.com/barjmranch/