RE: [RC] [RC] Paragon Saddle - opinions please? - Laurie Durgin

I don't think a 5.5 gullet would be considered a "wide tree".
My barrelly arabs take a 6.5 gullet and fit the wintec 2000 med/wide tree. A 5.5 is really narrow. A semi quarter horse bars/gullet is usually around 6 1/4 pretty sure. They are either worong or are measuring it wrong or don't know what they are doing..........

From: "Rosalie Marley" <rosalie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Paragon Saddle - opinions please?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:28:53 -0500

Has anyone used a recently manufactured Paragon saddle? I looked in the archives,
but only found a couple for sale back in '96 - no comments about them. I see a
brand new one on Ebay and I think I like it. It says it has a "wide tree with a 5.5 inch
gullet" - how does that compare to an English saddle like a Stubben or Wintec? or,
where would I measure my stubben or wintec for comparison?

I googled for Paragon and Regency Paragon, but couldn't find out anything about the
company.

Thanks,
Rosalie
REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards