From: <Agilbxr@xxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] What do I need

Here I was feeling all superior.  I was perfectly comfortable training in
jeans, never had a rub.  I was begining to wonder what all the fuss was.
Then I did my marathon ride three weeks ago, where I got lost in the woods
trying to get to a ride (5 miles through the forest) where I was supposed to
be leading a group.  I ended up gaiting/cantering close to 15 miles in just
under 2 hours (VERY fast for us in the florida heat right now), then riding
another 2 hours at a walk/slow gait, then riding home at the same speed
(didn't get lost this time...sigh).  And got off my horse to some nasty seam
rubs from my jeans and (ahem...) undies.  Needless to say, my trip home from
the barn did involve one stop at the walgreens for desitin, and I had to dig
my old riding pants out of the bottom of my drawer.

Now, I am feeling the need to find myself some good riding pants for
endurance.  Suggestions???  I'm in hot/humid florida, so we are thinking
cool...  I'll worry about the colder months when January roles around.
*grin*

Juli and Alpine (who felt fine...if a bit on the dehydrated side, cause I
don't care how much they drink, if you ride them that far in 90 degree
florida heat, they dehydrate some)

Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano