[RC] The Great pre XP Adventure - mark

HiHo Ridecampers-

We are three days and 1550 miles into our westward lumber in the Mothership to
start the XP2004 in NV.  We left New York State midday on Sunday and stayed in
Illinois overnight, then at a Horse Motel in Nebraska and are now at Bobbi
Richine's Rocky Mountain Training Center in Larkspur, Colorado.  My three
mares (two of which came from here) have a grassy pasture to relax in, and we
set the Mothership up in a RV hookup near the house.

The mares, Equal Terms, Allure, and Libby Llop's Fly So Free, are traveling
well.  We stop and water them, but do not take them out as it is too hard with
only two handlers and three horses- the back of our 18 year old Trailette is
one open box and the chances that one mare may get away are too great and the
consequences of that could be devastating.  But the girls are ok, and even
gaining weight from not being ridden.

Bobbi cooked us a wonderful dinner and I had a great time seeing her sale
horses--if I weren't risking the loss of my happy home (read: divorce) by
bringing another horse home, I would do it in a minute--there is more than a
few that I would consider.

The brand new GMC one ton Duramax/Allison truck is running great - good thing,
eh?!

We will stay here a couple days and ride, then go on to Utah and then Nevada
to the start.  Every once in awhile I surprise myself by realizing that I am
finally going to start this adventure of a lifetime- 1250 miles....I can
hardly wait!!

That's all from Team Estrogen; Laura, E, Allure, and Fly- somewhere in the
mountains of Colorado!!!

Laura Hayes AERC#2741

I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks