[RC] P&R(rest) - Ed

When I first started this sport I would come into the checks all fired up.
In a real hurry to get my horse cooled and his pulse down. Oscar Robin saw
me working feverishly to cool my horse. He came to me and suggested I relax
so my horse could relax. It worked nearly immediately. Since then I have
found that the more relaxed I am the better my horse does and the more fun I
have. I try to do the VC's from my trailer making sure the horse has what he
needs and can stand, roll and pretend he is done with the ride until it is
time to go out again. We're not stars but we enjoy our time at the rides!

It was Saturday  night and the preacher still hadn't been able to think
of a sermon for the next morning.  About 9 p.m. he finally said to his wife,
"Dear, I think I've come up with the perfect sermon.   I'm going to give
a sermon about horseback riding."

She said, "Don't be silly. You can't give a sermon about horseback riding."
He replied, "Well, it's going to have to do because I've preached on just
about every other subject I can think of."

The next morning as they were driving to church, she said, "I can't
believe that you're insisting on doing this. You know, if you're going to
give that silly sermon on horseback riding, I'm just going to stay in the
car during the service."

He said, "OK, then, suit yourself," so she stayed in the car.

Entering church, the preacher had a sudden inspiration and gave a
hell-fire and brimstone sermon on SEX that had the congregation in awe.
As the congregation filed out of the church, some of the members saw his
wife sitting in the car and approached her window.

One of them said, "Wow! You just missed the best sermon your husband has
ever given."

She said, "Yeah, right.  What does he know about it.  He talks big but
he's only tried it twice in his life.  Once before we were married and
once after,  and he fell off both times."

Ed Roley & Sawyer

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins