[RC] analgesics - terre

Heidi said:
The dosages are on there for a reason.  Livers and kidneys can safely
handle a certain amount of stuff, but when one exceeds their capacity by
exceeding the dose, damage occurs.  There is quite a bit of "reserve" in
both liver and kidneys, but every little bit of damage adds up over time,
and someday you may be in a crisis where you NEED that reserve, and it
isn't there!

and, might I add, the recommended dosage does not take into account the fact that a person may be quite severely dehydrated. Nor do they expect this dehydrated person to add alcohol to the mix!

There are hazards to competing with drugs on board--for us as well as for our horses. AERC has wisely made the decision where the horses are concerned, since they cannot choose for themselves. Those of us who CAN make our own choices, need to choose wisely.

terre

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS! ~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance