Re: [RC] Sore back while training - Cora

Usually if you are as balanced as possible..you'll never be sore..to be that sore, you have to be way off, IMO..do shorten your stirrups, you also need to be posting where applicable...etc...keep working on it...or get lessons or work with someone else...Cora
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 10:31 AM
Subject: [RC] Sore back while training

I've been training now several months now and trotting several miles at a time now . No problem for my horse but not for me. I'm killing my lower back. Its sore for 3 days after a ride. How do you guys do it? I'm used to riding with my stirrups down and my legs stretched out. Easier on my knees. May be I need to raise my stirrups so I can keep my butt off the saddle.  Ideas Please.

thanks Rod