Re: [RC] Finally back at it, but ready to do 50's? - rides2far

than A's. My question is: should he be getting a
majority of A's in LD before I consider moving to
50's, or are B's acceptable?

Depends on which score is "B". A friend of mine rode a western build
Appaloosa. She got an "A" on impulsion once and I thought she was going
to cry. That was one vet who graded him as the breed he was not as an
Arab.  A really laid back horse may get lower scores on attitude and
impulsion and be the healthiest, best rested horse on the trail. Our 22
year old horse may get lower scores on skin tenting because his skin's
getting less elastic...doesn't mean he's not wel hydrated.  It's all
relative.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair