RE: [RC] spider web face - Esther

One of the friends I used to night ride with was a
whopping 6'8" or 9", built like a brick wall and on a
16hh quarterhorse.  I made sure I rode right behind
him.  Never a fear of spiders with him in the lead!

Esther and Chagalle

--- Laurie Underwood <laurieunderwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
One night at the barn it started storming hard.  The
horses were all in
their stalls in anticipation of the storm.  I was
standing by the stall
of a gelding named Sonny.  The lights went out and
about that time,
Sonny chose to nuzzle me.  Well.  Those long muzzle
whiskers tickled my
neck, I screamed and jumped clear across the aisle
in one stride!  Do I
hate insect critters?  YES!

And you are right about the tallest rider.  One of
my riding companions
is a diminutive 4'8" (and she doesn't use a mounting
block!).  When
she's riding the "tall" horse, 14.3, we sometimes
stand a chance of her
getting the bugs before us.  But when she's riding
the "short" horse,
14.2, no way.  That inch means something out there!

Laurie