Re: [RC] Cavalry rides - Truman Prevatt

We ran one on the FL Classic in '96.  Since the grass wasn't up to any great extent yet, we had hay at the checks for the Cavalry riders. So it could be done in the West. We only had one entry. The other part of Cavalry is human needs - you got to carry everything you need. If your horse springs a shoe, you fix it or you pull.  However, we had water at all checks for all riders at the Classic. I think the OD supplies water to the Cavalry riders. After all today it's not all that safe for a rider to dip now at a creek and drink out of it.

Truman

Maggie Mieske wrote:
What is the desire of riders to have this kind of division offered?  I might be convinced to do it at the Wolverine 75 if there was interest.  I think that is just absolutely awesome.  The Wolverine would be a good ride to do it at, too because there IS lots of grazing along the way and in the vet check plus a creek at the check and water on the trail.  Not to mention deer flies!  :)  Oh, horses can't eat those, can they?  Might be good protein for the rider though!  :)
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."