[RC] [RC] rider size Vs Horse size - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The advice from Skyla is excellent!

My husband does not ride endurance, but he's 6' and 210lbs and he
rides comfortably on my 14.1 endurance mare, as well as on her
14.2 hand dam (and neither has any trouble carrying him [and
babysitting him...]).  It's not height, it's substance that
counts.  And, even more importantly, it's whatever makes horse
and rider comfortable. :)

Also, as Skyla noted, I believe it was Susan who did a study of
horses in the WSTR and when the horse PLUS rider weight got to
1200lbs the pull rate went up.  That would mean that 200lb riders
want to avoid the 1000+ lb horses. :)

~Nicole
www.zephyrarabians.com

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm