[RC] Tea Tree Oil/possible problem - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Skyla slstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My horse ended up with horrid burns under the saddle. I had been
treating some areas that a pad had "dehaired" and sored, with
Melaluca (tea tree oil). I rode once after using this for several
days, and had massive burns and swelling, right where I had been
using the oil. Maybe my guy was allergic, maybe there was something
else that contributed in conjunction with the oil. Just wanted to
say, be careful with what and WHERE you treat. Hopefully no one
will ever have happen what I did.

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long