Re: [RC] Breeding "No Names" - erika p moore

>Living works of art? Perhaps - but not without function and purpose

Absolutely!  There has to be a balance in breeding and showing both.  I am all for the horse that can endure 100 milers, jump 3', teach little kids how to ride, do piaffe, and yet still be the horse that when you walk out in the morning to feed him/her they still take your breath away because there could never be a more beautiful creature.
A person told me once, "Horses are Gods favorite animal."
I asked why.
She asnwered, "Because they are the second most mentioned creature in the bible.  Second to the sheep/goat.  And while a sheep might be very cute, whom of us would choose one over a horse?"
I had to agree.

Erika