Re: [RC] Thorn in ankle/Swelling - Kari Hanes

Kristen,

What a beautiful mare! Have fun with her, she looks like a keeper!

My new polish mare is doing great. We take her to 4-H twice a week and all the kids take turns on her. People can't believe she's a purebred arab, then I tell them she's an ex-racehorse and their jaws drop. She is truly a find and I'm sure my family will have alot of fun with her. My two young nephews (they lost their horse to a murderous man with a bow) are all over her at each meeting. She is very patient with them and lets them ride without a fuss. Her many lacerations are starting to heal, I wish there was a way to make them heal faster. I put Shriners on them everyday and there is a lot of new hair growth, I'll just have to be patient.

Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Kristen A Fisher wrote:
Kari -

HOW is the Polish mare???

Just FYI - on Wednesday I bought the little 16 yo mare I have been riding the past few months while my gelding was laid up. Although I feel my gelding is the "total package" she is in many ways much better than him on the trail, and after our multi day last weekend I couldn't resist (this is my 2nd horse ever!!) I have attached a photo of us from our ride.

Good luck with the gelding - sorry I don't have any sage advice - and take care,
Kristen