Re: [RC] [RC] Polish bloodlines - Jean Diaz

While I'm sure both your horses got plenty of good traits from their
Polish sires, their good ol' CMK dams were certainly 50% of the
mix.  The sires will garner the credit, but the dams just quietly
do their jobs....

And I'm sure it's been discussed here before that mitochondrial DNA
(the mitochondria being the "energy factories" at the cellular level)
is passed along entirely from dam to foal -- the sires don't get a
word in edgewise.  Which suggests, although I don't know that it's
been proven, that at least some of the traits for metabolic
superiority are going to be coming only from the dam line.  Good thing
to pay attention to if you're planning to breed for endurance.

Ambar
http://ambararabians.com/
(yep, more CMK / Davenport Arabians!)
...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton