Re: [RC] Spanish Mustangs - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...for the record, lots of Sulphur enthusiasts claim DNA proof, but I don't see it..."

I hope that my recent discussion with Heidi was not taken by anyone as Mustang bashing.  We were discussing origins and possible confirmation of that origin that is all.  That has nothing to do with the integrity of the Spanish Mustang registry or the breed, or the usefulness of the breed.

My personal feelings are that the breed is an honest effort to perpetuate the qualities of Spanish horses as seen by Robert Brislawn in 1925.

As with all breeds, some of the lovers of the breed tend to get carried away by the romance and say things that are not provable.  Wendy can give you examples of my Arab bashing (I claim that they are more likely "passers of the wind" than "drinkers of the wind".)

"...for the record, lots of Sulphur enthusiasts claim DNA proof, but I don't see it..."

By the way, who is/was Sulphur?  Do you have a url: for them?

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875