Re: [RC] Info on Polish bloodlines for endurance - Renie M burnett

In my opinion, I prefer the OLD Polish lines;  Witez II, Wisok, Czubuthan, Druch, Orzel,Celebes, Comet, Kasmir; the Kuhailan type of Arabs.  Kuhailan's have the bigger bone, deeper body, aren't as "leggy", are just more substancial horses. *Czubuthan was the grandsire of Wendel Robie's stallion BANDOS.  Also, he was raced in Poland and was a very celebrated race horse.  No offspring of his remain in Poland as the State Stud were his bloodlines were located took a direct hit during WWII.  Luckily, many fine horses were imported pre WWII by General Dickensen of Traveler's Rest in Tennessee.   I love this line of horses, and they have done mightily in endurance and many great horses have descended from Traveler's Rest-bred horses.   Personally, I would not travel to Poland these days as I do not believe the working quality of their horses is as good as in the days when Poland had the greatest cavalry horses in the world pre WWII.  Hitler "liberated" some of the best from Poland and was intent on creating his "super race" of horses based on the Polish cavalry-bred Arabian. The Poles now breed for a show market, and have changed their program, adding bloodlines and breeding for "show-pretty" now.   So, there are some stubborn breeders left out here that are sticking with the old-line Polish bred horses--I am, in a small way.   Renie Burnett