Re: [RC] [RC] Appys - Ridecamp Guest - Rosalie Marley

With the talk about "Appy color", I though some might find this to be an interesting group:

It is a couple of genetic researchers, working on the puzzle of "appaloosa" color.  Not just LP genes, but sabino and base colors as well affect _expression_ of the color and pattern.  Right now is a good discussion on LP roaning.  Lots of photos, arranged in a way to see progressive color change, as well as some patterns that nobody seems to agree on the name of :-)  Low traffic group too, but lots of info.

Rosalie Marley

=========quoted message==================
Re: [RC] Appys - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> No, they do not.

Goes to show I've never walked up and peeked at their skin
color under the white. :)  Don't know why it had never occured
to me to ask that before of an appy breeder (and it's not like
I've never spoken to appy breeders & owners).  Thx for the info!

> It was fascinating.

I bet it was.  I love the transformations greys go through, so I'm
sure watching the dramatic changes of the progressive appy roan is
fun, too. :)
--
Rosalie Marley
http://TigerHorseFarms.com