From: "Amber Roberts" <amber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "larry Miller" <jcmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] riding with a cast

larry Miller wrote:

HA!  I tried riding with a cast on my ankle.  My mare was so careful
taking me home when I hurt that ankle, as soon as I get on her with
the cast, she bounced me all over the place.  Had a hard time keeping
my fat foot in the stirrup.  So I waited a while, took tin snips and
cut the cast off, wrapped my ankle in leg wraps, and then went and did
a 2 day 75 mile ride!!  My hubby was P.O.ed at me since he had put the
cast on to begin with.  But I persevered, trotted my horse out by
riding her, and the following week did a 3 day 100.  Looking back on
all of this, it was a fairly stupid thing to do since my ankle still
pays for that every now and then.  Jeanie

I've recently broken one ankle and both feet and my first question was,
when can I ride my horse?  Doctors just don't understand.  However, I'll
learn from you and wait awhile and hope to prevent future problems with
my feet.

Amber

If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse
like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground
and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle