Re: [RC] riding with a cast - Amber Roberts

patty bass wrote:

years ago  when those removable walking boot casts first came out. i wore
one more time s  than i wnat to  remember and  they do fit in the stirrups.
you just have to be very careful of your bare toes while on the ground AND
drop the stirrup down a few holes. the orthopedist didn't tell me i couldnt
ride. he said i could do anything i felt i was able with the cast on. it
never delayed the healing either.  But in deference  to Jeanie, i wasnt
competing, just training.  so go for it!

I've recently broken one ankle and both feet and my first question was,
when can I ride my horse?  Doctors just don't understand.  However, I'll
learn from you and wait awhile and hope to prevent future problems with
my feet.

Amber

I told my doctor my first question was "When can I ride my horse." I was literally told, "Oh, honey, you'll have to put that way down on your list." There is no way my cast would fit in a stirrup.

Amber

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards