From: <karend@xxxxxxxx>
To: <Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5/31/2004 6:56:45 AM
Subject: [RC]   Nutrition/Feeding

Hi all.  I hope some of you can help me out with a feeding dilema.  After
doing blood and allergy tests on my Arab mare I have learned, among other
things she shows sensitivity to molasses.  I am trying to mix her own
"personal" feed now and neither one of us is very happy with it.  On
advice she is getting A grain blend from Pennfield feeds of protein 8%,
fat 2% and fiber 7%.  Added to this is suggested Micro Phase, a vitamin
and mineral supplement, 2 oz/daily with this being a minimum of 14%
protein per 4 oz.  To make this supposedly more palatable and since we are
tring to avoid molasses I am adding corn oil. Three cups to approx. 4 lbs.
of grain.  Another note here, she tied up approx. a month ago on another
supplement I was giving her but it had a much higher protein content and
she was not ridden for a week.  (My fault).  Any advice or information
would be greatly appreciated here.  All this corn oil is very messy and
like I said she is not particularly thrilled over it.  Thanks.

Peace, Karen

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards

I drink a 50/50 mix of rootbeer and soymilk at the vetchecks.
~  Libby Llop