[RC] Humidity & Sweating - Kristen A Fisher

I have a question about fluid loss in humidity. Heat causes perspiration to cool the body. I didn't think that higher humidity causes more perspiration, it causes slower evaporation of that perspiration (making it look like more sweat than if it is arid/not humid because the sweat then evaporates rather than clings to your skin). So in effect wouldn't you/horse sweat the same amount at a certain temperature, but just less efficiently *cool* yourself/your horse in a higher humidity? I can't figure out why, then, there would be worse dehydration in more humid conditions. Maybe more overheating though.

Kristen