From: Jerry Kopp
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 3:44 PM
Subject: [RC] 100 mile horse characteristics

Here's what I would like to know, for those horses who carried all you 100 mile riders, what would you say about the horse, which at some point in his career, made you say - this horse is a hundred miler.  Or, is it more of the any horse can do a hundred miles with proper training and a smart rider?  I am willing to bet that there are a few characteristics that are common to most 100 mile horses, that show up early in a career, that make aiming for a hundred mile ride within the grasp of it's rider.  But having only done 2 LD's I have no idea what they might be.

Roxanne
Kentucky