Re: [RC] 100 mile horse characteristics - Coujurs1

  Me personally, I like a horse that takes care of itself.  Eats, drinks, pees, poops.  I think personality is huge in any distance horse.  My latest, we bought him off the side of a mountain.  Wouldn't let us catch him to check him out.  The then owner lured him into the barn with feed.  Then we checked him over, and tried to get him to trot.  Chased him in circles, nothing.  Turned him loose and he was in our pockets.  He is really that way now.  It doesn't matter what you do to him.  Worm, shots, ride him a 100 miles, no matter you have to pretty much push him away afterwards to get to other horses.
  Of course it doesn't hurt that he has huge feet and bone.  Other than being a bit long, has good conformation.  And of course most important <tic> is he is very good looking.

Nina