From: "Michael Maul" <mmaul@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 1:20 PM
Subject: [RC] 100 mile list

100 mile rides are the toughest dstance in our sport and
      unfortunately represent a declining part.  I applaud
your efforts to generate more interest in doing 100 mile
rides - both for our juniors - and seniors too.

Mike

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM