[RC] 100 mile list - Michael Maul

Karen,

That's an interesting list and I'm certainly impressed by the riders with 29 100 mile completions.

But choosing just those who post to RC misses people like Trilby who doesn't even have an email address. Trilby has about 73 100 mile completions in her record since 1984 with a few more possible from her several years record before that date. There are two in her list that are listed as 150 mile rides.

It can also miss experience doing 100 mile rides. My completion record isn't great doing 100s - which is probably one reason I don't do more of them. I've completed two in your list - Tevis and the Texas Bluebonnet. I've tried 4 more - pulled once at 90 miles, twice on Tevis(one a RO-MB that was turned in as a MB pull), and another in the PS region.

100 mile rides are the toughest dstance in our sport and unfortunately represent a declining part. I applaud your efforts to generate more interest in doing 100 mile rides - both for our juniors - and seniors too.

Mike

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris