[RC] trail experiences - larry Miller

Had a friend who was bombing down trail, she topped a hill only to meet a guy on a bicycle!!  Her horse jumped guy and bike, everyone was fine.  I always thought that was a very good reason why bikes and horses should not share the same trail unless the trail is pretty wide open.  This one isn't.  Have had run ins with those guys who think they can expose themselves but they never figure on the mentality of a distance rider!!   My best one was when I was riding in Amish country, something my particular horse was not  accustom to.  When we ran across a moving buggy, my horse ran backwards for a quarter of a mile.  I had foolishly gotten off to hold him, I thought I would be safer!  HA!  Jeanie