[RC] The stuff you need, or NOT - Jonni Jewell

Instead of $500 in corral panels, I spent $700 in Hi-ties. (I needed three).
Karen is right....corrals became a burden for the crews. But, you might have
an enthusiastic crew, who does not mind setting them up and taking them down
each day. At least you did not say "electric fence". hehehehe  In during the
XP in 2001 after my rider was on her way down the trail, I could break camp,
have horses (two) loaded, and be on the road usually in about 8 min. Often
it was good to get to the next camp as early as possible, for best parking.
Other days, it did not matter...sage brush was sage brush.

I did look up the GPS you got, and think it looks pretty cool. It has a two
way radio...I can imagine all of us along the trail having these, and
talking to each other, telling others of hazards in the trail, locations
etc. Ahhhhhhh, modern technology. hehehehe

Don't be afraid to drop me a note too with crew questions. I've picked
Karen's brain a bunch on the riding part myself. Desitin...forgot to put
that on MY shopping list.......darn alkali soil of Nevada...

And after doing some multi day rides, I find packing for a one day ride is
SO simple. Almost like packing as if you are trailering out for a days
training ride.

Jonni

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes