Re: [RC] [RC] re: any horse can do 25, etc. - Joe Long

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:07:42 -0400, "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

And, quite frankly, its old timers like you who are part of the problem.
You don't like LDer's, you don't respect them, but, you think cause you have
7,000 miles you have the right to tell them how to ride, what to do during
the ride, and, you want to make up their rules in their sport which you want
nothing to do with.

We like LD'ers, we respect them, we helped develop the LD program, and we
believe we have a right to protect the horses they ride in LD rides by applying
the knowledge we've gained with experience, yes.

This is part of the problem.  This distance and, the rules governing it,
should be developed by those who want to do it and care about it.  Not by
those who think as you obviously do.

"This distance," and the rules governing it, must be developed by people who
know what the hell they're doing.

Sorry, I didn't bother to check your illustrious ride record before my post.
 Doesn't matter; wouldn't change a thing to my response.  Your post sucks
and I don't care who you are (or think you are).

Did you really want to admit that you don't respect the knowledge of people who
have actually been doing this (with great success) for some time?  If Tiger
Woods told you what was wrong with your golf swing, would you tell him his
advice sucks because you thought your swing was better than his?

When I read your initial post I really felt like I was listening to some
sort of racist talking about their superiority over another group.  You
putting out my ride record, to try an prove you think you're better than me,
 kind of re-enforces that idea.

But ... Howard ... Cindy *IS* better than you are!

(A hell of a lot prettier, too)

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

Many of the endurance riders in our top echelons of competition, now and in
the past, exemplify the 'common man' not the hierocracy. It is this
possibility, this chance to come to the fore, that makes endurance
competition of the Aussie/American type so much more desirable to part of
the world.
~  Bob Morris