Re: [RC] [RC] re: any horse can do 25, etc. - Joe Long

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:55:34 -0600, Joe Long <jlong@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We like LD'ers, we respect them, we helped develop the LD program, and we
believe we have a right to protect the horses they ride in LD rides by applying
the knowledge we've gained with experience, yes.
"This distance," and the rules governing it, must be developed by people who
know what the hell they're doing.

When I read this back I saw that it could be misunderstood as claiming that LD
riders don't know what they are doing.  That is not what I was saying.  Many LD
riders are quite caring, competent and experienced riders.  Although, some are
not.

I leave it as an exercise for the reader into which group Howard falls.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins