[RC] [RC] Ways To Know You Are Ready for 100 Miler? - tomnoll

Greetings:

DreamWeaver wrote:

?There is something really special about getting to ride all day, and all
night on your horse. I know that a lot of people like to get finished, and
get it over with. Yes, it is a lot of work. But, realize that each ride,
especially a 100 is a really special gift and savor it for all it is
worth. The chance to even get to start a 100 is in itself an
accomplishment. But to get to be out there under the stars at night...it's
a really special thing. When I am out there and if I get tired or wore
out, I just think about where else would I rather be? Not many other
places better than that, when you think of it as being the end result of
all the work, effort, time, training, commitment...that it took for you to
get there. Enjoy it. It doesn't last nearly long enough. In 24 hours, or
less...it's all over.?

and it is so true.  There is something so magical about being out at night
after being on the trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.  The
night and the start?the start when you are looking around thinking ?I am
so lucky to be heading out on this adventure with my best horse in this
crowd of tough horses and rough riders.?  But the night may be the best
part of a 100 and I?ve tried to say it some of my posts and ride stories.
Sure, it?s tough and you?re tired, but thinking about the night times
during a 100 still summons emotion from my heart.  Perhaps others just
want it to be over, but I know that at least one other person recognizes
the magic.  For me, it doesn?t last nearly long enough.  Those memories
are stamped on my mind forever.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll
SW Idaho

PS:  A 25 is a run and a 50 is a race, but a 100 is an adventure.

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle