Re: [RC] re: lameness - Cindy Collins

Chris Paus <paus@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I post on the right diagonal. It's the way my body
works. when I try to post on the left, my horse throws
me to the right diagonal. My left diag posting must be
uncomfortable to him.

We all have to do whatever we have to do to compensate for our physical
limitations.  I have plenty.  However, a good dressage instructor could
teach you ways to balance your body.  There are many physically disabled
riders competing at higher levels that I'll ever reach.  Your horse throws
you to the right because he's become one sided due to only being ridden on
that side.  They will all do that.  At this point in your horse's life,
it's likely irrelevant, but if you ever started a new horse, I'd suggest
you try to develop a balanced body on the horse.  Just because this horse
hasn't been lame is not a reason to assume you wouldn't damage another
one.  This was may just be exceptional at compensating for you.  CC

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano