Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Truman Prevatt

Heidi,

Read the entire post. Fist in a legal document - which this is one since it is used to establish the AERC under the laws of the state of CA, terms only take on specific means when defined. Second the reason for the AERC amoung other things is established to promote endurance riding. The definitions are in article where endurance riding is defined in 4.01 a) and 4.01 b). Article 4.01 defines endurane riding to be both the "distances of 50 or more miles" and the distances of 25 to 35 miles. Therefore endurance riding is established by Article 4 to include both.

Artile 2.03 does not say "endurance ride" it says endurance riding which is defined in Article 4.01.

I know I know we are getting back to that awful stuff of what language and how that may or may not suite some's view of the world.

The writers of the AERC bylaws did a good job of leaving all the implementation details to the BOD and only establishing and defining the minimum required to for the incorporation.

I'm getting quite bored with this topic. It seems that first many people don't want to read what is said or even bother reading our bylaws and rules. Then it seems that some have the intent of misquoting and then when confronted go back into the woodwork. I have no problem defending what I say. I have a big problem with those that try to put words in my mouth and then can't bother to produce any reference to what they say I said. It seems that some just can't let the LD topic go - and seems to want to forever relegate the those that chose to do and find enjoyment in doing what some others don't define "traditional" (what ever the hell that means) to the status of second class citizens.

Folks it all gets down to simple respect for what others are doing.  It seems that some what it for themselves but seem to not be able to extend it to others.

Cheers
Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Article 2.01 a) defnies the Conference is established to promote
endurance riding.

In article 2.03 in defines the that the AERC is responsible for keeping
records associated with endurance riding.

Prior to this establishment and definition of responsibility there has
been no definition of "endurance riding."
That is done in Article 4 and particularly in article 4.01 which as two
parts a) and b). In a) it defines an "endurance ride" and in 4.01 b) it
defines a "limited distance ride." Hence as the bylaws read and given
the logical flow to the definitions both "endurance ride" and "limited
distance" comprise endurance riding.

Uh, Truman, it doesn't matter if it defines "endurance riding" before or
after the record-keeping part.  The fact that it DOES define it means that
the definition applies to the entire document.  That is what I was talking
about earlier when I referred to reading the entire document in context.

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.