Re: [RC] LD/Endurance - Rae Callaway

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <dleblanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I used to dismiss how powerful language is, but nuances and
connotations of words are powerful and have a lot of impact. "Limited"
implies something constrained and lesser. It's accurate, but the
connotations are one of 1st class and 2nd class.

 Then why don't we just drop the word "limited"?  I ride 25's and that's
about all I do and I have no trouble with the difference between a distance
ride and an endurance ride, but I will admit that I'm not to fond of saying
"limited distance."  Someday I may do an endurance ride - or not, but I am
definitely a distance rider and a far cry from your weekend pleasure rider.
 One part of this ongoing argument that I don't understand is this hoopla
about awards.  From what I see, the 25's get plenty of awards as it is, so
why should there be more?

Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris